Tuesday, July 17, 2012

These Boots


So I'm back from Eric Church, and its was gosh-darn-bang-fantabulouly-awesome! or in other words, EPIC! But I guess when isn't Eric Church epic.

But there was one, well technically two if you count the no adult beverages rule, that was not so EPIC.

One of my greatest pet peeves is the apparel I see at concerts. So things such as "These Boots" kinda bug the bejeppers out of me!
(FYI if my brother sees this. Yes, you did tuck your pants into your boots for dramatic effect for part of the night)

So before I proceed let me say, Disclaimer-This is purely my opinion.

I would just like to share with you my overall rules of thumb for concert attire:

1. If you don't own a second pair of boots that are covered in mud or animal crap, you do NOT need to have a pair of boots to prance around in.

2. Please do not go purchase a new outfit from the, and I quote "Cowboy Store", just to go to a concert.

3. If you don't know what a longhorn is, please do not wear jewelry which have said animal on it.

4. If you have never shot a gun, please do not show up wearing camo.

5. Plaid. Nowhere on your ticket stub does it say, must wear plaid for admission, so just stop it.

So I probably seem a tad bitter about this but that is because for some, These Boots are almost sacred.  Some boots have seen a lot and have traveled many miles out in the fields or pastures.  Working long hours out in the heat and dead of winter working the land. So when I see people prancing around in "cowboy clothes" I take offense.  Not on my behalf, but on the behalf of those hard working men and women who wear those work boots everyday and work extremely hard for you and me.

So before you get dressed up in your next concert get-up and slip on your brand new pair of boots, think about the true meaning behind These Boots.

...that's what she said
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment