|Check out our FB page|
Now before I continue on my rant about how amazing pumpkins are I suppose I better quick explain, my oldest brother owns The Country Pumpkin. A unique fall display store which offers over 50 varieties of pumpkins, squash, gourds and other ornamentals that overflow our colorful displays. In addition, we carry antiques, primitives, scented candles, handmade wares, florals, decorated pumpkins and other autumn accents to warm your home. We also have things to warm your tummies like our Pumpkin Valley Farms Pumpkin Puree, pumpkin cheesecakes, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin pies, and pretty much any other tasty goodness that may show up in our store. And last but not least, our holy grail of all pumpkin yummyness, SOFT SERVE PUMPKIN PIE ICE CREAM.
So why are pumpkins so epic? Well think about it. What other fruit (yes, pumpkins are a fruit) can you sit on your porch,
carve a light up face into,
cover in glitter,
cover in mustaches,
and straight up eat?
well you could maybe do similar with a grape, but it just wouldn't be the same.
So now that we have that settled, lets talk about the hidden awesomeness of pumpkin, its healthy!
- Pumpkins are an antioxidant and an anti inflammatory food! This means it helps with joint health, organ health, stress relief and soft tissue injuries!
- Pumpkins can help protect the eyes from cataracts and degeneration with their Vitamin A content.
- The high levels of Vitamin C help the immune system and encourages collagen production for the skin to maintain its beautiful glow and elasticity.
- Pumpkin is a great source of fiber to help wash out any toxins and keep your body running smoothly.
- Pumpkins hold enough carotids to give them their lovely orange color and help prevent premature aging and cardiovascular disease.
- Pumpkin seeds are high in protein and plant based fatty acids, which help regulate cholesterol levels, protect against arthritis, promote healthy skin, and improve brain function.
- The pulp and the seeds are rich in magnesium required for bone and tooth health.
- Pumpkin contains lots of potassium and zinc to prevent the onset of cardiovascular disease and hypertension (high blood pressure). Zinc is also great for the immune system, skin and fertility.
- The fruit contains L tryptophan, a chemical compound that triggers feelings of well being that aid depression in a smooth and natural way.
So in conclusion, pumpkin is actually really good for you.... who knew. ;-)
...that's what she said
And if you are truly in love with pumpkin everything, then you may get a kick out of this little list. I know I did. http://www.buzzfeed.com/joannaborns/23-stupid-pumpkin-recipes-you-should-make-if-you-really-love